A mix of technologies will shape the future of drivetrain technology: From mild hybrids with 48 Volt technology, to full and plug-in hybrids, to pure electric drives with different ranges.
With the increasing demand for electrified drivetrain solutions with higher performances and various electrical system voltages, we are well prepared with a team of experts trained within the high voltage range.
We offer competent engineering services (Engineering Consulting) and innovative system solutions focusing on the light electromobility for usage for industrial applications, motor scooters, motorcycles, vehicles, light and heavy duty trucks and even Formula E racing cars.
With our system competence for E/E architectures, electric drives, power electronics and batteries we complete challenging engineering tasks of different sizes – from smaller work packages through the integration of single components and systems to entire vehicle and fleet conversions.
Since the early 1990’s, we have invested in modern infrastructure and have expanded our subsidiaries in Nürnberg and Lichfield/UK with competence centers for vehicle electrification. Further locations in Shanghai/China and Auburn Hills/USA have followed.
As an international engineering company, we offer the following services:
- Vehicle development: From concept to entire vehicle conversions
- Development of E/E-architectures und drive concepts
- Development, validation, production and integration of systems and components for the electrified drivetrain with performance classes from 10 to 250 kW with voltages of 48V to 1000V.
- Certified manufacture of high voltage cables and high voltage cable harnesses
- Mechanical, electrical and thermal integration of electrical drive trains in vehicles
- Development of solutions for the entire vehicle acoustics and thermomanagement in electrified vehicles
- Commissioning and vehicle testing on test benches (Driving performance, NVH, EMC, crashtests) and testing grounds (Driving performance, real drive and safety)
- Worldwide support for homologation and authorization
We can support you from the initial concept idea to the realization of your electrified powertrain solution. To accomplish this, we use our access to Continental´s technology pool, state of the art test and laboratory facilities and advanced testing grounds.
We offer technical support and consultancy, functional safety management and in accordance with international standards, we provide traceability during the whole development process for later homologation purposes in the relevant markets.