Zytek’s portfolio of powertrain systems includes internal combustion engine, electric, hybrid and motorsports all of which require System Applications support. The Applications Engineer role is an exciting one with the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge powertrain and vehicle development and to experience, and learn from, a diverse range of technical fields. The varied nature of our business requires that Applications Engineers are willing and able to learn new tasks quickly, adapt to quick-changing technical issues and provide flexibility of working practices whilst maintaining high standards.
You will be responsible for specific project goals on a daily basis. However the primary task of an Applications Engineer is to provide first class technical customer liaison support to fulfill the start and end of a traditional V-lifecycle plan. This includes accurate capture of customer requirements and practical and engaged support of all systems from their final test stages through to in-field testing and development.
- Liaison with the customer to form, or refine, customer requirement specification documents from which the project will be planned and scheduled. This may include conducting feasibility and conceptual studies, system modelling and simulation and, where appropriate, advising the customer using previous experience
- Provide close coordination of project activities throughout the duration of the project between both the Zytek development teams and the customer
- Plan, conduct and review testing of new software, calibrations and algorithms. This will include bench testing, dyno and in-vehicle tests including worldwide field trips
- Calibration of system functions to comply with project requirements including legislative, emissions and customer targets. Complete sign-off procedures for vehicle algorithms, calibrations and final product testing. Undertake system and vehicle development and problem-solving within tight timescales
- Assist customer representatives in the understanding of algorithm and powertrain features and providing support and documentation as required
- As a customer facing Zytek representative, provide the customer with a positive and technically competent primary contact that is able to identify the correct solution, whatever its format, quickly
- Understand and comply with company and customer confidentiality agreements and maintain the security of company and customer property
- Degree-qualified in either Mechanical, Automotive, Systems, Electronic or Electrical Engineering
- Proven experience in a similar role within a research and development environment
- An understanding of modern automotive systems and common automotive practices
- Knowledge of formal test environments and version control systems
- Hands on experience of developing control algorithms for automotive applications
- Knowledge or familiarity of, Software C-code, MATLAB, CAN and flexray communication protocols and tool chain
- Working with high voltage systems
- Good test and analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- A team player with the additional ability to work alone unsupervised
- Highly-motivated and capable of working on concurrent activities
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Voucher scheme
- Discount on tyres
- Training Opportunities
- Modern working environment
Go on! Apply now and get on board!